£45K to £50K plus Flexi Time, Pension, and more
Opportunity for a Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join a Birmingham (West Midlands) based multidisciplinary engineering consultancy.
Part of a network of UK offices, the Birmingham office is an established regional presence and has built-up an outstanding reputation with residential, commercial and industrial clients. Part of an experienced and close-knit team, the main purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines. The company have a very strong record of promoting within, so unrivalled access to management roles exist for those with ambition and experience.
Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer duties:
- Deliver concurrent civil engineering schemes to deadline, budget and quality.
- Take control of the financial, technical and project management aspects.
- Negotiate through approval stage with approving bodies and highway authorities.
- Prepare plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications.
- Liaise and attend meetings with architects, clients and other professionals.
- Delegate to and manage civil engineers and technicians involved on projects.
- Mentor colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Prepare engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessments, Utility Assessments, Site Viability Assessments, Drainage Strategy, and Cut & Fill Analysis.
Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer experience:
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
- Experience managing projects, clients and team members.
- Proven experience in the design & drafting of drainage to building regs and water company ‘Sewers for Adoption’ standard (S104, S185 diversions etc).
- Proven experience in the design & drafting of estate roads to local authority or DMRB standards (S278 / S38 and private works).
- AutoCAD for drafting
- Civil 3D, Site 3D or PDS for highway design.
- WinDes MicroDrainage for drainage design.
- Design of external works to commercial developments (service yards, car parks etc).
- Earthworks modelling, principles and specifications.
- Preparation of FRAs.
Not for you !
We don’t advertise all our jobs, so more than likely we’ll have a Civil Engineer role that is suitable. Register your interest using Duncan@SandersPearson.com
£675 Candidate Referral Payment
We’ll pay £675 direct into your bank account, 3 months from the referred person(s) start date. Register your interest / colleague using Duncan@SandersPearson.com
Sanders Pearson Recruitment
Since 2004, Duncan has helped 100’s of Structural Engineers & Technicians improve their pay, commute or career prospects with consultancies and main contractors across the West Midlands region. In 2019, Civil Infrastructure Engineers & Technicians were included in the mix. See how Duncan can help you by reading his LinkedIn Recommendations