£55K to £60K + Overtime, Bonus & More
Birmingham, West Midlands based civil and structural engineering consultancy require a Principal / Associate Structural Engineer to share the day-to-day management and growth of a dedicated civil and structural team, and a variety of projects spanning residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
The successful engineer will join a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, with a clear vision for innovation. The role offers excellent career progression as the purpose of this senior appointment is to provide continuity for the outgoing Directors.
Principal / Associate Structural Engineer duties:
▪ Project manage civil and structural engineering schemes to deadline and budget
▪ Provide technical guidance at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages
▪ Allocate Structural Engineers and CAD / Revit Technicians
▪ Liaise with clients and prepare bids
▪ Assist in the management, supervision and training of Structural Engineers
▪ Build and maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients
Principal / Associate Structural Engineer experience:
▪ A Chartered Structural Engineer is preferable but is not a prerequisite
▪ Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to deadline and budget
▪ Ability to manage a team of Structural Engineers and CAD / Revit Technicians
▪ Thorough understanding of structural design principles
▪ Design experience extending to a broad range of building forms
▪ Use of relevant design standards and codes of practice including Eurocodes
▪ Focused person with the ability and desire to deliver successful projects for clients.
▪ Good communication skills at all levels, both in oral presentations and written reports
▪ Ability to motivate, encourage, inspire and empower staff
▪ Good relationship management with colleagues and clients
▪ Able to monitor and review quality processes throughout the structures section
▪ Familiar with health and safety legislation and the CDM regulations
▪ Committed to professional development
Not for you !
We don’t advertise all our jobs, so more than likely we’ll have a Senior Management role that is suitable. Register your interest using Duncan@SandersPearson.com
£500 Candidate Referral Payment
We’ll pay £500 direct into your bank account, 3 months from the referred person(s) start date. Register your interest / colleague using Duncan@SandersPearson.com
Sanders Pearson Recruitment
Since 2004, Duncan has helped 100’s of Structural Engineers and Technicians improve their pay, commute or career prospects with consultancies and main contractors across the West Midlands region. See how Duncan can help you by reading his LinkedIn Recommendations