Rate: £32 – £39 per hour / Contract Length: 12+ months
Contract opportunity for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join a Birmingham (West Midlands) based multidisciplinary engineering consultancy.
Part of a network of UK offices, the Birmingham office is an established regional presence and has built-up an outstanding reputation with residential, commercial and industrial clients. Part of an experienced and close-knit team, the main purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines. The company have a very strong record of promoting within, so unrivalled access to management roles exist for those with ambition and experience.
Contract Civil Infrastructure Engineer duties:
- Assist/Deliver concurrent civil engineering schemes to deadline, budget and quality.
- Assist/Take control of the financial, technical and project management aspects.
- Negotiate through approval stage with approving bodies and highway authorities.
- Prepare plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications.
- Liaise and attend meetings with architects, clients and other professionals.
- Delegate to and manage civil engineers and technicians involved on projects.
- Assist/Mentor colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Prepare engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessments, Utility Assessments, Site Viability Assessments, Drainage Strategy, and Cut & Fill Analysis.
Contract Civil Infrastructure Engineer experience:
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
- Experience coordinating/managing projects, clients and team members.
- Proven experience in the design & drafting of drainage to building regs and water company ‘Sewers for Adoption’ standard (S104, S185 diversions etc).
- Proven experience in the design & drafting of estate roads to local authority or DMRB standards (S278 / S38 and private works).
- AutoCAD for drafting
- Civil 3D, Site 3D or PDS for highway design.
- WinDes MicroDrainage for drainage design.
- Design of external works to commercial developments (service yards, car parks etc).
- Earthworks modelling, principles and specifications.
- Preparation of FRAs.
Not for you !
We don’t advertise all our jobs, so more than likely we’ll have a Civil Engineer role that is suitable. Register your interest using Duncan@SandersPearson.com
Sanders Pearson Recruitment
Since 2004, Duncan has helped 100’s of Civil/Structural Engineers and Technicians improve their pay, commute or career prospects with consultancies and main contractors across the West Midlands region. See how Duncan can help you by reading his LinkedIn Recommendations